Our next meeting is Monday, March 4th, 2024, at Fargo’s Pizza.
Garden of the Gods Amateur Radio Club (GGARC) is an informal association of amateur radio enthusiasts led by David Givan (KØIRP). Our primary interests are:
- Maintaining UHF & VHF repeaters within the Pikes Peak region and on the Eastern Plains for general purpose use of amateur radio operators, and
- Maintaining a survivable network of amateur radio operators and facilities
Please check in on the repeaters frequently so we know all of you are still around!
- 146.910 (- .6 MHz) ctcss 151.4, Hz, Located on the North side on St. Francis Hospital
- 147.135 (+ .6 MHz) ctcss 100.0 Hz, Located on Memorial Hospital Central
- 147.135 (+ .6 MHz) ctcss 151.4 Hz, Located on Memorial Central, High Power
- 448.300 (- 5. MHz) ctcss 100.0 Hz, Located on Memorial Hospital Central
- 448.300 (- 5. MHz) C4FM Located on Memorial Hospital Central
- 447.350 (- 5. MHz) ctcss 151.4 Hz, Located on the West side
- 447.300 (- 5. MHz) ctcss 151.4 Hz, Located on the north side in Briargate
We meet for lunch the first Monday of every month unless that happens to be a holiday, in which case we meet the following Monday. We regularly meet at Fargo’s Pizza Co., 2910 E. Platte Ave, Colorado Springs. This rarely changes, but we sometimes hold special events, so check our NEWS & NOTICES page to be sure.
Our meetings serve three principle purposes:
- Provide us with the opportunity to connect face-to-face with fellow operators,
- Learn about new technology and ways to use old technology, and
- Discuss club initiatives.
We begin gathering around 11:00 AM to place food orders and make a run at the salad bar. David Givan usually calls the meeting to order at 11:30 or so with announcements. David then leads discussions on topics of interest or introduces the presentation when we have one.
Latest Club News
GGARC has existed for 50 years, chaired by Dave, K0IRP. We are members of CCARC and registered with the state of Colorado. We are NOT a 501c3 nor an ARRL affiliated club. All equipment is owned by and licensed to K0IRP. We have participated in many community events over the years and have never collected dues but have operated on donations of time and money.
Any and all interested persons have always been welcome to attend. We met at Giuseppe’s several years then a few other locations and now at Fargo’s for many years. We have always met on the first Monday of every month at lunch time, except if near a Holiday, then on the second Monday. The beautiful picture on the GGARC website was taken by Don Yowell KI0IS (SK).
–David Givan, K0IRP
Colorado Council of Amateur Radio Clubs, Inc.
The purpose of the Colorado Council of Amateur Radio Clubs is to coordinate Amateur Radio club activities in the State of Colorado.
Pikes Peak Radio Amateur Association
The principle purpose of the Pikes Peak Radio Amateur Assoc. is to conduct a social and technical membership organization for the purpose of furthering the knowledge of its members in the art of radio communications, and in furtherance of such purpose to hold meetings, social gatherings, outings and other similar activities.
Become an ARRL VE!! Learn more… click to learn how
You can contact the webmaster by email here: webmaster